Re: Oracle 8i on Win98

From: Mike O <ora7dba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:02:44 -0600

Assuming that the install went okay.. all you should have to do is launch SQL*Plus. If the database is not running it will start it for you. You can also use the Navigator. Login as SYSTEM/MANAGER.. create a user account, then create the objects. You don't need the listener though I run one because of my internal network that I run at home. This allows my to run the Personal 8i RDBMS on one machine and accessing the db via other third-party tools from either Linux, NT or Win98.

Let me know if there is something I am missing.. seems like you have it installed.. you just need to create a user and other objects.

Mike O
Avaya Inc Received on Tue Dec 05 2000 - 13:02:44 CST