Re: Another Query Problem

From: <aqs472_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:29:27 GMT

Here you go Ted,

select a.cde, NVL(b.qty,0)+NVL(c.qty,0)+NVL(d.qty,0) from tbl_of_unique_string a

,(select x,count(*) qty from first_tbl group by x) b
,(select y,count(*) qty from first_tbl group by y) c
,(select z,count(*) qty from first_tbl group by z) d
where a.cde = b.x(+)
and a.cde = c.y(+)
and a.cde = d.z(+)

Let me know if it gives you what you want.

Cheers,
Arnold

In article <3A259D3E.7A94DFAA_at_yahoo.ca>,   Ted Wasserman <ted_wasserman_at_yahoo.ca> wrote:
> I tried this query and I couldn't get it to work. It may be that I'm
 not
> substituting in proper infd or it may be the version of SQL+ I'm using
 (for
> BTW is SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.5.0.0) or if the query is somehow flawed.
> would appreciate if anyone else could take a look at this and see if
 they
> can make sense of it all. Again, what i'm looking for is a query that
 will
> return how many times each value (in this case character strings)
 appear
> in 3 columns of a table. (& the additional constraint of only
 returning the
> character strings (& the # of occurences) that are greater or equal to
 3).

> Thanks Again!
>
> aqs472_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > hope this should help
> >
> > select a.string, b.qty + c.qty + d.qty
> > from tbl_of_unique_strings a
> > ,(select count(*) qty from first_tbl where x = a.string) b
> > ,(select count(*) qty from first_tbl where y = a.string) c
> > ,(select count(*) qty from first_tbl where z = a.string) d
> > where b.qty + c.qty + d.qty >= 3
> >
> > cheers,
> > arnold

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 11:29:27 CST