Pro*C and DBMS_PIPE trouble

From: <pmercer_at_verio.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 00:59:36 GMT

i'm getting the following error when i try to compile a Pro*C file that includes some DBMS_PIPE code ...

Error at line 97, column 20 in file daemon.pc

:status := dbms_pipe.receive_message('daemon');

...................1

PLS-S-00201, identifier 'DBMS_PIPE.RECEIVE_MESSAGE' must be declared Error at line 97, column 10 in file daemon.pc

:status := dbms_pipe.receive_message('daemon');
.........1

specifically, i'm trying to compile the 'daemon.pc' file which can be found at the following url ...

http://metalink.oracle.com/cgi-bin/cr/getfile_cr.cgi?52505

has anyone seen this compile error before? i've done some Pro*C coding before and my hunch is i'm either missing some header files and/or my makefile needs tweaking.

do i need to include one or more header files in addition to the already included 'sqlca.h'?

the documentation recommends compiling the file using the default makefile, which on my system is ...

$(ORACLE_HOME)/precomp/demo/proc/demo_proc.mk

how do i modify this makefile so that i can use it to compile the 'daemon.pc' file?

if anyone has successfully compiled this file before (or any Pro*C file that includes 'dbms_pipe.*' syntax and still has his or her makefile, i'd be very interested in taking a look at that makefile.

i'm doing this on a unix box (Sun Solaris) with Oracle 8.0.4.

-pat

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 28 2000 - 18:59:36 CST