How to 'stop counting' past 100 lines?

From: Pete Reeves <pete.reeves_at_>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:31:23 -0000

I'm trying to write an address searching routine, but if the search will return > 100 lines I want the user to refine the search. It works fine by doing a count before returning the results, but considering we have 3 million records, the count takes too long - the 100 lines max is to prevent this time wasting.

Question is, how can I get oracle to 'bomb out' if the count passes 100, ie. dont keep counting to 3 million becuase I want to return nothing to the user and get them to refine the search.

Thanks in advance.
Pete Reeves. Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 04:31:23 CST