nohup and sqlplus

From: <brian_cw_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:11:03 GMT

I'm using sqlplus to run a huge job and want it to continue through network interruptions. This probably means that I should use something like:

nohup sqlplus login/passwd @file

where the file doesn't contain a commit statement.

The problem is that I want to examine a log file that is spooled before I commit. Is there some way to maintain interactivity even if the session dies?

If I shouldn't be using nohup, what other options do I have?

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 30 2000 - 16:11:03 CST