Re: interMedia

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:47:47 -0800

I didn't mean you should do it, just that you seemed to want to interpret "aaa bbb ccc" as "aaa and bbb and ccc". Certainly, if you want some other behavior then you need to write a parser to exhibit that behavior. The basic point is that the Intermedia engine comes with a statement parser; you just want it to act differently. That is fine, but then you are going to have to program it to translate your behavior into what it is expecting. Cheers,
Jim
"Vadim Grepan" <kezal_at_mail.ru> wrote in message news:3A24CE96.17484B2E_at_mail.ru...
> Hello!
>
> You are mistaken that simple translate the blanks into 'AND' will be
 good
> decision.
> Lexical analyzer should take care about quotes, brackets and a lot of
 reserved
> words (e.g. two running AND's are fault)
>
> Small example:
> aaa bbb ccc "eee fff" = = AND bbb AND ccc AND "eee fff"
> but
> aaa bbb ccc "eee fff" != aaa AND bbb AND ccc AND "eee AND
 fff"