how to drop a temp table

From: <futurshk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:49:07 GMT

I thought I had posted this, but seem to be able to find it, so I'm trying again, sorry if it comes up twice.

Our application creates a temporary table, in Oracle 8, at startup and drops it at shutdown. A user shutdown the app improperly, causing the temporary table to not get dropped. I've tried to drop it using both the original user's logon and logged on as the DBA, but get the a response of
'ORA-14452: attempt to create, alter or drop an index on temporary table already in use'.
I checked through the Kill/Trace session in TOAD and the user is no longer has a session open.
Any advice here would be great.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 13:49:07 CST