Completely Remove Oracle

From: Robert Mazur <robertm_at_sherwoodforestfarms.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:25:24 -0800

How do I de-install Oracle from an NT machine....I mean remove EVERYTHING!

I am having difficulty getting a client/server conneciton on a new Oracle8.1.5 install on 2- NT4 machines (one client, one server). I keep getting TNS:Protocol Adapter Error. Though, I can tnsping the oracle on the server. Still, my connection is denied.

I've changed my tnsnames and listener files a million times. Then I reinstalled....and I now see bits of my first install still lingering in my NT services. I fear there is conflict with the new install.

I would like to just start fresh...completely clean again. But, how do I get EVERYTHING removed? I will run the typical Oracle de-install, but what to do after that?

Thanks,
Rob Mazur Received on Wed Nov 22 2000 - 17:25:24 CST