Re: Completely Remove Oracle

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 15:46:01 GMT

From memory. You need to do at least this to remove everything.

Use the Oracle installer to uninstall whatever it can. Shut down all Oracle services
In the registry find all keys and values using a search by "ora" Delete everything having to do with Oracle. You have to use some judgement. The search will turn up words like "storage" so you only want to get rid of things having to do with Oracle. If you can't tell, then don't delete. When you hit your path variable take out just the Oracle stuff. In the registry find all data using a search on "ora" and delete the Oracle stuff.
In taskbar / properties / start menu programs / advanced / get rid of all your Oracle start menu items.
On your hard drive(s) remove all the Oracle folders and files. You may have to reboot once to be permitted to remove everything. Do a search on your hard drives for "ora" to be sure you got them all. Check your services to be sure all the Oracle services are gone (if not it's back to the registry).
Check your path the make sure no Oracle pieces are referenced. If any are then take them out.
If you had an Oracle database on the machine get rid of datafiles, control files etc. You should have had a list of all these for DBA purposes. If you really want to clean up you can search for files ending in ".sql", ".ora" etc. These will do no harm if you don't get rid of them. Also be sure they don't belong to some other database program you run on your machine.

Van