Re: Text dumps of dev2000 forms

From: <ollymorgan3_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:51:38 GMT

Ok, thanks Alexander - I'll have a look in the repository.

I didn't express myself v. well when I said the information in the .fmt was atomic. FMT seem to consist of a stream of DEFINE clauses such as

DEFINE FRM50_IDFO
BEGIN

   IDFOS_POI = 3854
   IDFOS_OID = 3856
   IDFOS_NAM = <<"">>
   IDFOS_TYP = 94
   IDFOS_OOI = 3853
   IDFOS_OPN = 487
   IDFOS_CNT = 2

END just wondering if there's a publicly available document explaining the structure of FMT files.

Many thanks

Olly

In article <3A13854E.5EFB273B_at_globalone.ru>,   Alexander Medvedev <a.medvedev_at_globalone.ru> wrote:
> Hi Olly,
>
> The "binary pieces" of text are hex-coded PL/SQL and SQL text
 representation
> in order to store
> data in database repository without NLS translations. To get aa
 ASCII-text
> instead of hex codes you have to translate each 2 bytes into its ASCII
> representation. Also you may try to analize form data inside of
 dev2000
> Oracle database repository.
>
> I hope it helps.
>
> Regards Alexander Medvedev
>
> ollymorgan3_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get a complete text version of a Developer2000 form
 which
> > I can use to check associations between various elements in my form.
> >
> > So far I have found two options under dev2000 which get me halfway
> > there :
> > 1) There is a an export option (File/Administration/Object List
 Report)
> > which dumps most of the info though there is no information
 connecting
> > Canvas Graphic Items and Data Block Items (hardly essential ! :-)
> > But at least the output is intelligible !
> >
> > 2) When you do a 'Convert to Text' operation from Project Manager it
> > produces a huge list of virtually atomic information with no obvious
 way
> > of connecting the various items together. I suspect all the info is
> > present but I need a explanation of the format before I can make
> > anything from it.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to make a complete text dump of a file such
 that
> > the result is intelligible ?
> >
> > Alternatively could someone point me to a document explaining the
 format
> > of the 'Convert to Text' file.
> >
> > That would soooo useful.
> >
> > Thanks for any help
> >
> > Olly
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Nov 16 2000 - 02:51:38 CST