Re: Text dumps of dev2000 forms

From: Kevin Laushway <kevin.laushway_at_bridgewatersystems.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 08:11:35 -0500

Olly,

I have a tool called FormsMate, its shareware it wasn't designed to do what you want but it might work. You could search you forms (fmb's) for specific items and it will tell you where it found them.

It can be found at http://members.home.net/kevin.laushway

I hope this is helpful,

Kevin Laushway

<ollymorgan3_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8v076p$stu$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Ok, thanks Alexander - I'll have a look in the repository.
>
> I didn't express myself v. well when I said the information in the .fmt
> was atomic. FMT seem to consist of a stream of DEFINE clauses such as
>
> DEFINE FRM50_IDFO
> BEGIN
> IDFOS_POI = 3854
> IDFOS_OID = 3856
> IDFOS_NAM = <<"">>
> IDFOS_TYP = 94
> IDFOS_OOI = 3853
> IDFOS_OPN = 487
> IDFOS_CNT = 2
> END
>
> just wondering if there's a publicly available document explaining the
> structure of FMT files.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Olly
>

> In article <3A13854E.5EFB273B_at_globalone.ru>,
> Alexander Medvedev <a.medvedev_at_globalone.ru> wrote:
> > Hi Olly,
> >
> > The "binary pieces" of text are hex-coded PL/SQL and SQL text
 representation
> > in order to store
> > data in database repository without NLS translations. To get aa
 ASCII-text
> > instead of hex codes you have to translate each 2 bytes into its ASCII
> > representation. Also you may try to analize form data inside of
 dev2000
> > Oracle database repository.
> >
> > I hope it helps.
> >
> > Regards Alexander Medvedev
> >
> > ollymorgan3_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to get a complete text version of a Developer2000 form
 which
> > > I can use to check associations between various elements in my form.
> > >
> > > So far I have found two options under dev2000 which get me halfway
> > > there :
> > > 1) There is a an export option (File/Administration/Object List
 Report)