XSQL + data validation...

From: David Ciesnik <ciesnik_at_flatland.dimensional.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:25:17 GMT

Hello everyone,

I'm having some problems doing some server side form validation on an xsql page. Problem as in, can't do it without getting parser errors. Essentially, I have a regular html form.. posting data to an .xsql page. On the xsql page, I need to do some data validation in order to create a sql statement. The form is pretty complex and has many user options, so I need to be able to create the sql statement based on what the user selects on the form (Various check boxes, radio buttons, etc). HOW can I do this validation on the xsql (server) page? If I try to use javascript functions, I get parser "invalid format" errors! I *KNOW* there has to be a way to do this on the server, rather then creating the sql statement on the client onSubmit. But how???

It seems like what I am trying to do would be very common, yet I can't find a SINGLE piece of information on how to do it... not on technet and not on any other xml tutorials I've looked at.

THANKS!
                -Dave Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 12:25:17 CDT