Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: <pvinnakota_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:03:12 GMT

Hi,
You have to create a management server, which stores the information pertaining to all the nodes that you want to control using the EM. This takes some space, and requires set up. Once the Mgt. Server is setup, the intelligent agent has to be started on all the nodes which you want to control. EMV2 has to automatically discover all the nodes. Once all this is done, EMV2 places all the nodes at your finger tips. If possible, please browse through the EMV2 Installation and Admin. guide for a detailed discussion of the topic. Bye,
Prasad

In article <972037604.21816.0.nnrp-12.c2de47d8_at_news.demon.co.uk>,   "paul harris" <paul.harris_at_rombus.co.uk> wrote:
> I am new to oracle8i and have just installed 8.1.6 on our red hat 6.2
> server and all is working OK. I then installed the administration
> tools on my NT workstation all OK and configured the NET8 to connect
> to the instance on the LINUX server. I have tested the connection
 using the
> test button on the NET8 manger and all is OK.
>
> My question is why can I not connect to the oracle server using the
 OEM
> console. The error message I get is "VTK-1000: Unable to connect to
 the
> management server <Name>. Please verify that you have entered the
 correct
> host name and the status of the oracle management server"
>
> I have not installed any management server software as far as I am
 aware.
> The
> only software I have installed on the server is the Enterprise edition
 with
> a typical installation.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 26 2000 - 13:03:12 CDT