Re: Oracle with Windows ME

From: Dave A <dave_and_vanna_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:49:33 -0500

So, I take it you don't like Microsoft? :-)

While I am an Oracle DBA working on Unix, and don't care much for Microsoft's behavior I have to say that Oracle has more bugs than any Microsoft OS has. Oracle is also a brute force as Microsoft is(not quite as bad as MS though).

Oracle releases DB versions with new functionality that is so buggy that it can't even be used at most sites. (take the 8.1.6 cursor_sharing=FORCE parameter for example)

I'm not slamming Oracle, but I find it humorous when Microsoft is criticized for things that Oracle is even more guilty of. And let's not even discuss how many patches the SunOS has(any version)

--
Dave A