Re: ORACLE and Pro*C, need help!

From: <edwardmi1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 07:58:10 GMT

First, examine OAS and WebDB closely. These products allow you to avoid using of Pro*C and CGInterface.

Second, installation of Pro*C or OCI is a part of the Oracle client's installation. Refer to your DBA for more details and help. I'm not an expert in the installations.

And, last, look for doc "Pro*C/C++ Precompiler getting started with .." amang your Oracle documentation.

Edward,
OraDev.

> Hi!
>
> I'm new to Oracle, and need to make something like this (studying
 purposes):

> On one (client) side I need to have .html (or something like) and on
 the
> other (server) side, I need to have a running Oracle database, and
 make some
> cgi programs in C that will parse an input from .html (javascript) and
 write
> into/read from Oracle database.
>
> So, I have installed Oracle 8 on NT, and also Application server.
 There is
> also Proc80 (I assume this is Pro*C/C++) directory in the
 installation, but
> I don't know how to install it (there is no "setup" or "install" files
 nor
> anything like that).
>
> Can anyone give me some directions how to start using Pro*C/C++?
> And, also... is there a compiler included there, or can I just get
 some
> .lib's from the package and use something like Borland compiler?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 02:58:10 CDT