ORACLE and Pro*C, need help!

From: JokeR <zoran.civadelic_at_st.tel.hr>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:30:32 +0200

Hi!

I'm new to Oracle, and need to make something like this (studying purposes):

On one (client) side I need to have .html (or something like) and on the other (server) side, I need to have a running Oracle database, and make some cgi programs in C that will parse an input from .html (javascript) and write into/read from Oracle database.

So, I have installed Oracle 8 on NT, and also Application server. There is also Proc80 (I assume this is Pro*C/C++) directory in the installation, but I don't know how to install it (there is no "setup" or "install" files nor anything like that).

Can anyone give me some directions how to start using Pro*C/C++? And, also... is there a compiler included there, or can I just get some .lib's from the package and use something like Borland compiler?

Thanks in advance! Received on Tue Oct 24 2000 - 16:30:32 CDT