Multi-schema database query question

From: Julie Warden <Julie_Warden.spamfree_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:38:51 -0400

I have a question about queries with a multi schema database. The database has 2 identical schemas like this:

schema:		corp		plant
owner:		corp		plant

user1 and user2 have been added to the plant schema.

If I connect as plant I can run:
select wonum, qty from workorder;

user1 and user2 can't run that, but must run: select wonum, qty from plant.workorder;

We have a bunch of reports (30+) that need to run against either schema. We would prefer to run without qualification.

Is there a way to set up a user so they default only to a certain schema?

Notes:

1.	users do not cross schemas.
2.	each schema is in its own tablespace, and the users
	have their schema tablespace as their default

Example:
create user user1 default tablespace plant; grant select on workorder to user1.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Received on Fri Oct 13 2000 - 15:38:51 CDT