Oracle beginners (a bit off topic)

From: Norman Dunbar <ndunbar_at_lynxfinancialsystems.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:23:20 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Strong [mailto:brad.strong_at_autodesk.com]

>> Please, don't refer to a book written by technoids as a "Holy
 Manual", there
>> is one valid Holy Book on the planet and it is the Bible.

This surely applies only to Christians. Agnostics, Muslims, etc don't regard the bible as anything other than blasphemy against *their* personal beliefs. To me, the bible is just another book, albeit (probably) the best selling book on the planet, but just a book. (You of course have a totally different view, and are entitled to it.)

If your religion is Oracle (silly example) then the manuals *could* be referred to as Holy to you only, but not to others of differing beliefs.

The one thing I find repulsive about religion is it incessant need/want/desire to be 'the only' religion forsaking all other beliefs. Where, for example, does it say in the bible that 'thou shalt go forth and murder the non-Christians' as was prevalent during the Crusades etc. Other holy books have a similar non-appearance of such rules (I am told by people better informed than me) but still we see religious fighting all over the world.

As Frank Zappa once said, religion has killed more people than it has saved.

Nice to see someone stick up for their religious beliefs though.

Sincere regards, Norman.

Norman Dunbar		EMail:	NDunbar_at_LynxFinancialSystems.co.uk
Technical Consultant		Phone:	0113 289 6265
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	Fax:	0113 201 7265
			URL:	http://www.LynxFinancialSystems.com