Re: oracle beginners

From: <sean_gallivan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:20:13 GMT

Actually all I was going to ask is why do I need to use SQL plus 8 to create tables etc; is there not a GUI that does the same. Yes I have been reviewing 'The Manual' (Holy or Otherwise) and I have used MS SQL 6.5 and access a lot. But thought its time to grow up and try oracle! Sean

In article <CUjF5.565$rW.290584_at_den-news1.rmi.net>,   "Brad Strong" <brad.strong_at_autodesk.com> wrote:
> Jerome,
> No, haven't smoked anything for years. Simply asking that we keep
 technology
> and spirituality separate.
>
> Interesting imagination you have, though.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brad
>
> "Jerome Gransac" <jgransac_at_kedros.com> wrote in message
> > Are you smoking sheets, fitted carpet or something like that ?
> >

> > Sorry for this but it bothers me.
> >
> > Brad Strong wrote:
> >
> > > Please, don't refer to a book written by technoids as a "Holy
 Manual",
 there
> > > is one valid Holy Book on the planet and it is the Bible.
> > >
> > > You may be an oracle DBA, and Oracle may be a great database
 program,
 but
> > > keep a little perspective.
> > >
> > > This "ministry of information" that I see in various technical
 fields is
> > > really tiresome. In the end, we are talking about a database
 here, a
 means
> > > to mine data and make a living, not a way to save your soul.
> > >
> > > Warm Regards,
> > >
> > > Brad Strong
> > > Application Engineer
> > >
> > > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message

 Manual.

 sqlloader
 should
 *not* to
 all 3

 operating
 system

 newsgroup,
 in
 questions
 might
 go

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Oct 12 2000 - 11:20:13 CDT