Re: Problems after WebDb site import

From: Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 11:36:17 GMT

Andreas,

thanks for your reply.

Forgive me but I'm a novice: do you mean two instances on the SAME computer? Or two separate installations of Oracle/WebDb on two different machines? I'm dealing with the 2nd configuration.

Note that I can connect as site administrator with no problems: I just wish to make sure that I followed the correct procedure to export / import the site (and to eventually anticipate future problems).

Alessandro.

In article <3s5lr8.en4.ln_at_pc27.delphi.at>,   "Andreas Wenzel" <a.wenzel_at_aon.at> wrote:
> In article <8rkm4k$89s$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>, Alessandro Nazzani
> <alexnsb_at_tin.it> wrote:
>
> > 1) when I connect to WebDb home page and start the Create Site
 Wizard,
> > I don't find any trace of this site (that is, if I try to List the
> > Existing Sites no matches are found);
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Only to problem 1!
> With the current version of WebDB (2.2) there is a big problem, if
 you're
> using two different instances, one for development, one for
 production.
> If you want to see your components on the production WebDB (not
 site), you
> must import the tables from the development system, where webdb is
 installed.
> But that's a bad choice.
> Better is, to view the specification of your components, go to the
> development side.
>
> --
> GnuPG ID : 74772303
> Fingerprint: 7183 A83C C582 040A 40CA F985 2C4C 19B8 7477 2303

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 07 2000 - 06:36:17 CDT