Re: Memory recommendations for Oracle 8i

From: VampireD <vampired_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2000 16:35:57 GMT

It all depends on alot of things. There is no answer to say this version/this os needs this memory. It is the dba's job to take account for all kinds of things to make a good estimate.

In article <39DCDBC4.437CB8D1_at_home.nl>,
  frank <fbortel_at_home.nl> wrote:
> As usual: depends. I'm running a (ok, ok, mickey mouse) 8i db on NT
> with 256M - and I got memory left...
> Truly efficient means tuning - and that's an ongoing task
>
> Walter T Rejuney wrote:
>
> > The installation guides all give minimum memory recommendations for
> > server running Oracle 8i, but what is missing is the
 recommendations for
> > truely efficient operation.
> >
> > I generally recommend at least 512M for WinNT systems and 1G for
 Solaris

--
Christopher R. Spence
OCP, MCP, MCSE, A+, RAPTOR, CNA