Re: NT4.0 + IIS + WebDb

From: Frank <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 16:09:36 +0200

Inline

--
Frank
Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it> schreef in berichtnieuws
8rfabk$qks$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...

> In article <8rf1md$ium$1_at_porthos.nl.uu.net>,
> "Frank" <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl> wrote:
> > I think your WebDB uses the oracle_home, not the oracle8i_home.
>
> In the registry I see 2 ORACLE_HOMEs configured:
>
> - "E:\Oracle\Ora81"
> - "E:\Oracle\WebDb"
>
> And they seem to be properly associated with the respective product.
>
> > so, the tnsnames.ora used by WebDB would be in a different directory
> > than the one used by plus V8.1....
>
> Leaving alone the SAMPLE folders, I have 3 tnsnames.ora files on my
> WebServer:
>
> - E:\Oracle\Ora81\network\ADMIN
> - E:\Oracle\Ora81\WebDb\NET80\TNSAPI
> - E:\Oracle\Ora81\WebDb\NET80\ADMIN
>
> In the latter I have replicated the PLURIMED.PLURIMEDIA.IT definition
> present in the first, and changed its name to PLURIMED.WORLD. Is this
> OK?
Should be... but why the change? Could you post E:\Oracle\Ora81\network\ADMIN\listener.ora and E:\Oracle\Ora81\WebDb\NET80\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora and E:\Oracle\Ora81\WebDb\NET80\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora?

> > Try setting tns_admin - you'll need to create it.
>
> How? Where? Forgive me, I really appreciate your assistance, but I'm an
> absolute beginner and, at this point, I'm afraid I need a step-by-step
> guide.

<snip> copying tnsnames.ora gives the same result. So don't bother.