Re: Executing a script from Unix shell

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 10:48:08 -0400

gmei_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> create a file called "callmyscript.sh":
>
> #! /bin/sh

I wish I could understand why people do this. Using

#!/bin/sh

should never be used when ksh is available. Never!

Use:

#!/bin/ksh

The only exception is if the script has to be able to run in single-user mode and in that case the database wouldn't be up anyhow. Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 09:48:08 CDT