Re: Executing a script from Unix shell

From: Kevin <kevin.k.tong_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 09:25:39 -0700

Put the command you want to execute in a cron job, which automatically execute a desired command at set times or intervals.

If your SA gave you permission to execute cronjobs, you can set one up easily by executing the following command (I know this works in Solaris, don't know about other flavors of UNIX)

"crontab -e"

Which brings up a screen for you to enter the desired command.

For more detailed information, look in the man pages for crontab.

--
-----
Kevin.K.Tong_at_jpl.nasa.gov