Re: Problem connecting to db

From: Dan <dah23_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 14:29:11 -0400

A little more info...

TNSPing from the client machine *does* work.

Attempting to contact (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=tatooine)(PORT=1521)) OK (140 msec)

I also changed tnsnames.ora on the client machine to use the actual IP address, but that didn't do the trick.

An additional piece of info... there are multiple databases running on the server. But that doesn't explain why I'm able to connect immediately after starting the listener but not moments afterward.