Problem connecting to db

From: Dan <dah23_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:42:29 -0400

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm experiencing the following strange problem:

Immediately after starting up the listener, I am able to connect to my database from another machine on the network using either SQL*PLUS or JDBC. However, after a minute or so, I cannot form new database connections, instead getting

ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

Then I must restart the listener to form new connections, and again after less than a minute, I am no longer able to form new connections, again getting ORA-12545.

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Dan Hess Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 12:42:29 CDT