ODBC for Oracle doesn't work in WindowsME

From: MikeG in Philly <philapa_at_nospam.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:07:59 GMT

Hi Folks: I have just installed WindowsME and cannot get the ODBC connection to work. I have installed the tables properly in Oracle v7 and have Visual Basic Professional v6 working, and have created a connection under ODBC for Oracle. This whole setup has worked fine under Win98SE, but not now. I am getting the error message, "Run time error 3709. Operation is not allowed on an object referencing a closed or invalid connection."

When I created the ODBC connection, I filled in the data source name, description, and user name, and left the source black as in the past. I probably need to do something different, but am clueless.

Hope someone might be able to help. Many thanks. MiekeG in Philly Received on Mon Oct 02 2000 - 11:07:59 CDT