Re: NT4.0 + IIS + WebDb

From: Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:19:32 GMT

Thank you Frank.

> Upgrade to 6a

Done.

> and... versions/patches come in 5 digits, you only state the major 3.

8.1.6.0.0

> Why have an additional listener?

I tried to custom install WebDb excluding the listener (ONLY the listener): the result was that wdbcgi.exe and the Images folder (and probably some other stuff) were missing. I installed the listener and was planning to get WebDb working with it and, after that, switch to IIS.
> Not quite; it's the connect string that's used; WebDB wants a
 listener to
> be activated. See WebDB installation notes; I think it's on
> http://<myserver>.<mydomain>:85/webdb/admin_
>

> Thta should be:
> http://<myserver>.<mydomain>:85/webdb/admin_/gateway.htm

Not sure I understand that:

http://<myserver>.<mydomain>:85/webdb/webdb.home is the connection string I use on my development machine: I thought it should work on my WebServer too, at least as long as WebDb listener is active.

http://<myserver>.<mydomain>:85/webdb/admin_/gateway.htm works but it uses WebDb listener, doesn't it? What connection string should I use to connect through wdbcgi listener? The example shown in the config doc doesn't work: I get an HTTP Error 404 but I'm not sure about the EXACT syntax. May be I'm missing something very basic here

Thanks again for your time and for any further assistance.

Regards, Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 28 2000 - 16:19:32 CDT