net8 and twisted pair

From: Raymond van Daelen <daelen_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:02:06 +0200

Hi there,

I've experienced a strange phenomenon. I recently switched from coax cables for my network to twisted pair cables. Simply be removing the coax and placing twisted pair cables in the proper slots. From this moment on net8 was no longer available, and Designer, discoverer etc. situated on my windows 98 machine (and also on a NT4 SP4 machine) could no longer connect to the database. I could not even start the net8 assistant to reconfigure. And a new installation (of designer and discoverer) on a NT4 machine simply didn't show net8 functionality! Even though according to oracle installer is is present. Starting net8 through ../bin/N8a.exe did not work either (no respons whatsoever!)
The databse (situated on a linux machine) can still be reached using PL/SQL developer, so the network connection is functioning! and database is up and running).

Has anyone any idea what can be done to restore connectivity between the machine using net8?

many thanks

Raymond Received on Wed Sep 27 2000 - 16:02:06 CDT