ORA-01461: Error Code

From: <nachimuthu_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:57:39 GMT

I'm trying to insert a record through a JavaBean into the Oracle 8i database. The Column being inserted is of type CLOB. But, we treat the value being inserted into that column in the bean as String and it works fine... Well... so far....

Now we have come across a problem.

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

The length of the String being inserted is little more than 22,000 characters.

Below is the partial stack trace...

        java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

	at weblogic.db.oci.OciCursor.getCDAException(OciCursor.java:228)
	at weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Statement.executeUpdate

(Statement.java, Compiled Code)
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate
(PreparedStatement.java, Compiled Code)
at

com.ctone.services.persistence.OfferDetailPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.create
(OfferDetailPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.java:161)

        at
com.ctone.services.persistence.OfferDetailPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.create
(OfferDetailPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.java:125)

        at weblogic.ejb.internal.EntityEJBContext.create
(EntityEJBContext.java:118)

        at weblogic.ejb.internal.StatefulEJBObject.postCreate
(StatefulEJBObject.java:266)

My questions are...

  1. Is this a limitation imposed due to the length of the String variable (for smaller lengths, the code works perfectly fine...)
  2. Also, any idea where I could get the detailed explanation on the error given the error code? I know there is site/documentation available for that. I'm just not able to recollect the address.

Thanks In Advance for any help...

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 22 2000 - 08:57:39 CDT