SQLLOADER: 255 CHAR limit

From: <jkokinda_at_raymondkarsan.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

Issue: I'm trying to load a delimited text file into an Oracle table with data that execeeds 255 characters and it's not working correctly.

The table fields are set to VARCHAR2 2000 - 4000. No problem. Some of the data fields in the file have over 1000 characters. Ok. When running a load, SQLLOADER seems to only want to handle 255 characters based on it's use of the CHAR datatype as a defult for delimited file text fields. Ok. So, I add VARCHAR(2000) in the .ctl file next to the fields that I want to take larger datasets. That does not seem to work.

When I set a field in the control file to VARCHAR(2000), the data for that field will get into the table. That's fine but, the issue is SQLLOADER does not just put just that field's data into the table, but it puts the remainder of the record into the VARCHAR(2000) field. SQLLOADER seems to fix the length of the field and forgets I want delimiters to continue to work.

Anyone know how to get SQLLOADER to handle multiple >255 data fields in a delimited file load?

jk

Here is my control file:

load data
infile 'BOOK2.csv'
append into table PARTNER_CONTENT_TEMP
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '^' TRAILING NULLCOLS (ctlo_id,
 partners_id,
 content2_byline ,

 content2 varchar(4000),
 content3 varchar(2000),
 content9 varchar(1000),

 submitted_by,
 pstr_id,
 csub_id)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT