Re: Performance when own functions are used

From: Nicolas Bronke <newsgroup_at_trinity.de>
Date: 2000/09/21

> As long as you don't have functions with selects embedded in a different
> select, there shouldn't be any performance problems.
> From your example it is not clear what you try to accomplish, your
 function
> looks like a wrapper for an existing function, and thus, IMO, redundant.

I am saying the truth, when I started the development I did not find some functions although I refer to the sql manuals. Therefore I wrote my own. Later on I found it very helpful to do that this way, because I can switch to another database, which may be do not support (or different spelling) these functions and I only have to change some coding.

Regards and thanks

Nicolas Received on Thu Sep 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT