Re: SQLLOADER: 255 CHAR limit

From: Erik Cohen <cohene_at_sdc-moses.com>
Date: 2000/09/21

here is a snip of my control file that loads >255 data into a col:

 LOAD DATA
   INFILE '/project/edr/data/rcris_template.txt'    BADFILE '/project/edr/data/rcris_template.bad'   TRUNCATE
  INTO TABLE BATCH_DATA_LOAD
  FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '`'   TRAILING NULLCOLS
    (

      batch_seq
     ,cd_nm                           NULLIF (cd_nm = " ")
     ,vd_def_txt                      CHAR(2000) TERMINATED BY ','
OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '`'
     )

ignore the line wrap. 255 is the default limit. You override it using the CHAR parameter.