ORACLE 8 vs. 8i Port Question

From: Dagmar Anne Bogan <dagmara_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

My client just purchased a piece of COTS software (without my participation!) and discovered the company has 8.05 embedded in it. The problem: my client's data services only supports 8i. In looking at the writeups, it appears that 8i has some additional functionality that 8.05 does not. But what caught my eye is the statement that 8i is much faster performance wise, which makes me think there may some databases changes and there might be some impact on the deadline and budget for the COTS to be ported from 8.05 to 8i. Any comments would be appreciated!

--
Kopania & Komorovsky
Specializing in Application Architecture and Design

"Let's Stop Swatting Flies and Go After the Manure Pile"

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.