Re: ORACLE 8 vs. 8i Port Question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/09/21

8.0.5 has been desupported by Oracle. The current version is 8.0.6. This version is going to be the last version in Oracle 8.0, so the two year counter has started ticking for Oracle 8.0 (usually they vow to support it for two more years after the terminal release) So the're having a problem anyway (and you have that too obviously). Between Oracle 8.0 and Oracle 8i the database format didn't change, but Oracle 8i is a *completely different* product.

Regards
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA