Re: svrmgrl hangs on "shutdown immediate"

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: 2000/09/20

Be aware ( see previous postings about this issue) the issuing the NET STOP command will do a shutdown abort on the Oracle instance, unless you have ORA_SHUTDOWN=TRUE in your registry settings on the server running the instance.. It may be that that is what is happening here, the shutdown immediate ( or shutdown ) from within svrmgrl will wait for any uncommitted transactions to be handled ( rolled back with immediate, committed with normal) before stoppingthe  NET STOP ( if it causes a shutdown abort) will be immediate...