Detecting Oracle Server Version in C++ & Java

From: Vaughan Jackson <vaughan_jackson_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:38:15 GMT

Hi,

We have new functionality in our product in which we have relied upon Oracle 8.1+'s new function-based index feature to implement. However, our product must work with Oracle 8.0.6 as well. So, what we intend to do is disable the new functionality when our product is used in conjunction with Oracle versions < 8.1.

Can someone tell me how I can detect the particular version of Oracle server being used from C++ and Java code?

Thanks,

Vaughan Jackson.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Sep 19 2000 - 12:38:15 CDT