Looking for an equivalent to number format 'TM' in 8.0.5

From: Jim Cain <me_at_jimcain.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:04:09 GMT

In 8.1.5 and above, the following:

select to_char(some_number, 'TM') from dual;

will give you the minimal text representation of some_number. This format does not exist in 8.0.5, and it does not appear that an equivalent format exists. In order to minimally represent the number, I have to know something about it first.

Have I missed something? Thanks for the help.

Jim Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 19:04:09 CDT