Slow SQLLDR performance

From: Jim <jim_at_doransj.freeserve.co.yk>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 21:31:52 +0100

Hello,

I'm new to Oracle.

I installed Oracle 8i on Win 98, have 256 MB RAM, installed the started database with the Universal Installer, and accepted all the default values during the install.

No database tuning has been done. There are many ways to tune, but I wouldn't know where to start as a beginner.

When I use SQLLDR in SQLPlus* to load 11,000 records in CSV format into a table, the performance is slow (doing the same with MS Access 2000 is quicker, but I'm trying to get away from using Access as a database).

The data is all text, 17 fields defined as CHAR(25), and 1 field as VARCHAR2(2000). Any ideas?

Any help much appreciated.

Jim Received on Sun Sep 10 2000 - 15:31:52 CDT