Oracle Reports

From: Mike O'Sullivan <Mike.O'Sullivan_at_gmp.police.uk>
Date: 7 Sep 2000 12:18:57 +0200

I am trying to produce a letter using Oracle Reports. The letter is to be sent to numerous people. The letter contains various repeating frames etc.

The rows in these repeating panels need either to be numbered or lettered. I do not know if this is achievable, if so, what is the best method to achieve this?

At the end of the letter, there is a concluding paragraph as follows:-

"To comply with the Act, this/these items must be retained (at least until........./indefinitely). This is in excess of your retention policy and therefore we would ask that extended retention. Please complete the enclosed return slip for our file. Thank you."

The exact wording of the above paragraph should be dependant on the content of the final repeating frame. For example, if the final repeating frame contains one row, then the paragraph should say: 'this item', alternatively, 'these items'. Likewise, depending on a setting of a flag, 'at least until <date>' or 'indefinitely' should be returned.

As these items will differ for each letter, I cannot set the parameters before the report is run. I have tried constructing the final paragraph using 'formula columns' but this returned an error saying 'REP-1213: Field 'FC_LAST_PARA references column 'FC_LAST_PARAGRAPH' at a frequency below its group.'

I am also having difficulty getting a repeating frame to print at the start at the top of the next page when the repeating panel starts half way down a page. At the end of that page, the repeating frame continues to print but starting at the same position on the page.

I am a newbie to Oracle reports so any detailed information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Posted from [194.6.4.212]