How to COMPLETELY uninstall 8.0.5 on NT 4.0?

From: David Thom <davidt_at_npsinc.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:25:34 -0500

We HAD a clean, running 8.0.5 on an NT 4.0 server, and decided to de-install it to get a fresh start (it's a development server, and the Oracle instance had been klugged-up with lots of trash definitions, etc).

After an apparently clean un-install of everything, and after a subsequent "clean" install, we can't even get simple stuff to work. For example, we can't test service connectivity under the Net8 assistant without getting an error saying that the error text for message 12705 could not be found (and why are we getting the 12705 message in the first place..the service definition looks fine).

All symptoms point to a corrupted installation, and so we would like to start over from scratch. But after more than one iteration through the de-install/install process using the Installer, it's clear that we're not getting back to a clean start.

What are the manual steps involved in getting 8.0.5 completely uninstalled?

David Thom
NPSi Houston Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 14:25:34 CDT