Re: How to COMPLETELY uninstall 8.0.5 on NT 4.0?

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 20:33:55 GMT

  1. Shut down your services, and set them to manual.
  2. Reboot.
  3. Clean all oracle related items from your start menu.
  4. DELETE the ORANT (or wherever your $ORACLE_HOME directory is) directory (if you are not allowed to do this, try it again after step 7)
  5. Run regedit
  6. Do a FIND on all keys, values and data for ORACLE (make sure you choose case insensitive)
  7. Delete the entries you come across (ODBC drivers don't matter)
  8. Check your PATH environment variable <again>.
  9. Reboot.
  10. Check the registry again; if it's clean, reinstall.

one or two of these steps may appear redundant, but this process will _always_ work for me, so I stick with it.

sonya

In article
<7C500B58DC32CC29.E384C5849FDEAC30.AB3B105660792AC5_at_lp.airnews.net>,   "David Thom" <davidt_at_npsinc.com> wrote:

> We HAD a clean, running 8.0.5 on an NT 4.0 server, and decided to de-
 install
> it to get a fresh start (it's a development server, and the Oracle
 instance
> had been klugged-up with lots of trash definitions, etc).
>
> After an apparently clean un-install of everything, and after a
 subsequent
> "clean" install, we can't even get simple stuff to work. For example,
 we
> can't test service connectivity under the Net8 assistant without
 getting an
> error saying that the error text for message 12705 could not be found
 (and
> why are we getting the 12705 message in the first place..the service
> definition looks fine).
>
> All symptoms point to a corrupted installation, and so we would like
> start over from scratch. But after more than one iteration through the
> de-install/install process using the Installer, it's clear that we're
 not
> getting back to a clean start.
>
> What are the manual steps involved in getting 8.0.5 completely
 uninstalled?

> David Thom
> NPSi Houston

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Sep 06 2000 - 15:33:55 CDT