Re: Synchronizing 2 databases

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:49:13 GMT

Peter,

Two different solutions easily come to mind. One, you could use Oracle Replication to perform this function. This is an additional (costly) option which can replicate a database for you to another server. If all you want is to replicate a table, then you can use the much cheaper TRIGGERS to perform your replication. Create a trigger on db1 that propogates the changes to db2 across a database link.

HTH,
Brian

Peter Elsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've the following problem: we have two Oracle-Databases:
> one for the internal use in the intranet (7.4.3) and one for the
> external internet-use behind a firewall (8.1).
>
> I need one table to synchronize in both databases. What is the
> best and easiest way to do this?
>
> Thanx for your answering!
> Peter Elsen

Brian Peasland