Oracle 8i Release 3 and iFS

From: Jon Sandys <jon.sandys_at_appliedrelational.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:46:03 GMT

Has anyone out there got 8i Release 3 yet, and more specifically used Internet File System?

We have tried to download the 66Mb zip of iFS from technet, but it appears to be corrupt (we've had three goes).

Oracle in the UK are telling us release 3 won't be shipping for another four weeks (at least), but we are keen to know what people's reactions to iFS are, as the specification on the web site suggests it could be very useful to us.

Any comments on the reliability/performance of iFS would be gratefully received.

Regards

Jon Sandys
ART
Kent, UK Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 11:46:03 CDT