Re: granting updates to rows

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: 2000/08/13

Hi Rene,

Oracle has a thing called 'Fine Grained Access Control'. This was actually build for Oracle web applications. It works with an authenticate procedure that is called for every DDL operation a user wants to do. You can find a lot of information on the subject at Technet: http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_index.htm . There's an entry here under 'Fine Grained Acces control' which points to all kinds of Oracle documentation on the subject. I think you'll find it very useful...

HTH, Bastiaan Schaap
Oracle web development,
Desyde BV - Baarn
http://www.desyde.nl/