Re: Solaris 2.51 to 2.7 upgrade and Oracle Problems?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/08/11

You shouldn't have any problems with Oracle in upgrading the OS to Solaris 7. One thing you should do (and may have to do) is to recompile the Oracle executables after the OS upgrade. This is a pretty painless process which can be accomplished through the Installer if you don't want to do it manually.

HTH,
Brian

Joe Condle wrote:

> We are currently running Oracle 8.0.5 on a Solaris 2.51 we are planning
> to upgrade to Oracle 8.16 so we need to upgrade the OS to 2.7. We plan
> on doing the OS upgrade first before we do the Oracle upgrade. This is
> our production machine so I want to be very careful. Are there any
> Oracle problems that might arise? Will exports done on 2.51 be valid on
> 2.7.
>
> Thanks in Advance
> --
> Joseph P. Condle condle_at_mars-systems.com
> Systems Analyst II Office
> 412-473-6542
> Medical ARchival Systems, Inc. (MARS) Pager 412-572-9490
> 1370 Beulah Road Pgh. Pa. 15235 Fax 412-473-6538

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at
  USGS EROS Data Center
These opinions are my own and do not