Oracle8i/sqlplus on linux problem

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/10

I have Oracle8i EE 8.1.5.0.2 running on Caldera 2.2 When I try to edit the contents of the last executed statement in sqlplus, it just hangs on me:

SQL> select user from dual;

   USER

   SERGEY    SQL> ed
   Wrote file afiedt.buf
   24

I never get to the editor, it just sits there and the only thing I can do is Ctrl-D to get back to the SQL prompt. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Sergey

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT