Re: Oracle 8 vs. 8i

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/08/10

        I suspect you will find that unless you have experience certification will be of little, if any, help in getting a job. I believe that most employers are looking for the ideal candidate, that is, someone who has a degree, relevant experience, and certification. When they discover that they either can't find or can't afford the ideal candidate they will start looking for someone with a degree and experience.

        Your best bet would be to gain employment in the IT department of a large organization that will reimburse you for training. It doesn't matter what the job is as long as they are willing to pay for training and will promote from within.

On 8/9/00, 8:40:21 PM, "A.S." <asun_at_mindspring.com> wrote regarding Oracle 8 vs. 8i:

> I'm faced with a dilemma. I'm interested in taking courses for the
 Oracle
> certification exam but I'm not sure whether there's really a big
 difference
> between Oracle 8 and 8i. I've been looking around for some classes but

all
> of the cheaper places in NYC only offer classes for Oracle 8. So there

> doesn't seem like there are many alternatives short of spending 10,000

> dollars to get an oracle 8i certification. The only alternative that I

can