Re: forms 5 - cursor problem (Not PL/SQL cursor)

From: Markus Schwabe <mschwabe_at_gscout.de>
Date: 2000/08/09

Hi mh579,

I think the best way to show the user in which field he has to make an input is to mark the background of the current item in a different color, for example yellow with SET_ITEM_PROPERTY (:system.cursor_item, BACKGROUND_COLOR, 'yellow'), and the same with SET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY in the WHEN_NEW_ITEM_INSTANCE trigger or other.
Because AFAIK it is not possible to change the standard text-cursor style (for example bold or other color).

Hth
Markus