Re: Help on Oracle install on a Solaris 5.7 box...

From: Gustavo Badauy <gbadauy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/03

Hi,

The reasons for happening this can be variuos, but if I would guess I'd guess checking the /etc/system and add some values that were recommended by Oracle Installation guidelines.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=200
set semsys:seminfo_semopm=100
set semsys:seminfo_semvmx=32767

Hope it helps

In article <3976FD23.2AC4804_at_lucent.com>,   Shivaji Apte <sapte_at_lucent.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am desperately seeking help for Oracle installation on Solaris.
> I am using the 8.1.5 version of Oracle 8i and have a solaris machine
> with 1 GB ram (+ 1 GB swap) and 18 GB hard disk.
>
> I have installed the server and the client software. While creating
 the
> default database,
> I get the errors 'ORA-01034: ORACLE Not available'.
>
> I run the 'svrmgrl' and try to do a 'startup', which fails due to
> 'ORA- 27102 : Out of Memory'.
> Neither RAM nor my disk partitions seems to be an issue (all
 partitions
> as less than 10 % full).
>
> Has anybody seen this before ? Has any1 any idea what might be going
> wrong ?
> I have installed the recommended packages and patches.
>
> Shivaji

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT